Hunter is a profession.
- Speak to either Musa in Edge of the Evil Forest at [1,18] or Unterix Unter in Astrub Forest at [2, -24].
- Agree to becoming a Hunter. You will then automatically start a fight with a Hunted Gobball.
- Kill the Hunted Gobball, it will drop a Smelly Gobball Leg.
- Take the Smelly Gobball Leg to the NPC, who will then teach you the profession.
- Buy a Hunting Tool from the NPC.
Hunters have a chance to get meat drops when they're wielding a weapon with the hunting characteristic during their battle. This characteristic is naturally present on some weapons as well as a set of special hunting tools (described below) - it can be added to other weapons by a Magus while using a Hunting Rune.
The special Hunting tools listed below are all level 1 but require the listed level of hunting profession to be equipped. They are classified as tools - weapon mastery skills do not affect their damage and they are not affected by the normal class penalties associated with specific weapon types.
- Hunting Knife (level 1)
- Hunting Axe (level 10)
- Hunting Blade (level 30)
- Hunting Bow (level 30)
- Hunting Shovel (level 30)
- Hunting Wand (level 30)
- Hunting Spear (level 50)
- Class Hammer (level 70)
- Amakna - Edge of the Evil Forest: [1,13]
- Astrub: [0,-15]
- Bonta: [-32,-52]
- Brakmar: [-29,32]
- Frigost Island - Frigost Village: [-79,-46]
- Frigost Island - The Lonesome Pine Trails: [-74,-49]
The Marketplace is available via the menu button (kamas icon) from anywhere in game.