In Dofus, your character is your avatar in the World of Twelve. Upon creation there are a number of ways how you can customize your character.
For more information, see the article on class.
You can select your character's sex by selecting the male or female sign on the top left side of the screen. Your character's sex has little effect on anything in game, the most noticable difference just being your appearance. That said there are a number of minor things, such as the beginner swords for Ecaflips or certain NPCs dialogues which are different for each gender.
On the "Customize" screen, you can select five colors for your character, which affect how your character's sprite will appear in game. As with gender, the colours which you pick have little effect on anything in game.
Select a name for your character. The name must consist solely of letters and a hyphen. It cannot contain numbers, spaces or symbols. It also cannot conflict with an existing character on that server.
As well as this there are also a number of restrictions on name creation, for those struggling to pick a name there is a random name generator too.
In order to be valid, your name must comply with the following:
- Be made up solely of letters without accents, and dashes
- Be between 3 and 19 characters long
- Contain one dash maximum, and never as the first or second character (ex. "Beach-ball-babe", "-dofus", "dofu-s" are not acceptable)
- Contain no spaces
- Contain one capital letter at the start and nowhere else, except after a dash (ex. "Rainy-Days" is acceptable)
- Contain at least one vowel (ex. "ghkrtss" is not acceptable)
- Contain a maximum of two consecutive identical letters
- Contain a maximum of three consecutive consonants (i.e., "Harkkken" or "Mennnar" is not allowed, but "Blitzkrrieg" is fine)
- Class and server names, insults and controversial words are forbidden.
All characters can choose between one of eight different faces upon character creation.
All of the above attributes, with the exception of class, are changeable in game via Ogrines.
Number of CharactersEdit
The default number of characters per account is five, but extra character slots may be added by purchasing them with Ogrines, and players are allowed one "bonus" slot for some special servers. See this forum post for a more detailed summary.